Waxing for men is very common nowadays, actually being amazingly popular. More men from all around the world have embraced this hair removal, mostly due to the numerous advantages it offers.
For starters, you should know that male body waxing is an option both at home and in beauty salons. If you want to save some money, you have the needed help and you just want to try waxing in the comfort of your home, there is absolutely no reason why you should not opt for this hair removal method.
Many men are requesting full boxy waxing in beauty salons, too, meaning that they decide to wax their entire bodies, including bikini area, legs, chest and back, but also facial hair. The bikini zone is still considered to be the most sensitive part of the male body that can be waxed.
Waxing is a temporary hair removal method through which hair is removed from the root, while skin remains smooth and really beautiful. This hair removal method will last for weeks. Unlike shaving, to which most men are really familiar, waxing will leave skin beautiful even to up one month. The effects of shaving will not last more than a couple of days, after which this hair removal method will have to be repeated.
Before getting waxed you have to consider the following:
Pre-waxing skin care
- Treatments to cleanse and smooth skin. A special pre-waxing lotion can be used with great effects prior of waxing. The lotion should be applied on the skin after a shower with warm water.
- Exfoliating treatments prior of waxing. Such treatments have to be made with a couple of days before using this hair removal method. They will help you prevent redness, ingrown hairs and skin irritation.
- Choosing the right product is a must for the success of this hair removal method.
- Waxing should be preformed only when the hair is not too long or too short. Otherwise waxing can turn out being inefficient, so you will most likely have to repeat the whole process. Hair should be long enough for the wax to adhere to the skin.
Male waxing aftercare
- After getting waxed apply on your skin the adequate lotions that will calm it. Just make sure that the lotions used are special after waxing products, as otherwise they can turn out irritating your skin.
- Avoid sun exposure after applying this hair removal method, but also avoid heavy exercising, as otherwise skin irritation might be formed. Saunas and swimming should also be avoided after waxing.
Waxing is a great option for any men who is willing to get rid of unaesthetic body hairs. Even though at first this hair removal method can seem quite painful, you should know that in time the pain experienced will be lower, as your skin will get used to this hair removal process.