Despite what you may initially think, the use of wax to remove unwanted body hair is not actually new. Waxing is a hair removal method that has been largely used since Ancient Egypt. Ancient Egyptian women used sugar wax to remove hair from their bodies. This technique is still used nowadays, being actually considered the best modality to get rid of hair from legs, arms, underarm and from face, too.
Waxing is considered to be a very effective beauty treatment. Even though this hair removal method can be quite painful, it produces long lasting effects, being part of all beauty rituals.
Here are more facts you should know about waxing.
1. Waxing is an effective method to remove large amounts of hair rapidly and with less efforts.
2. This hair removal method is believed to be the best for women with highly sensitive skin.
3. Waxing is extremely safe. This actually is described as a semi-permanent hair removal.
4. All areas from the body can be waxed easily. They include eyebrows, underarms, cheeks, bikini areas, legs, feet, upper lip and abdomen.
5. There exist two type of waxing. They are sugaring and beeswax. Regardless of which of the two methods you will choose, the application procedure will be the same.
6. Waxing is a simple process that supposes completing a few steps. They are applying a thin layer of wax, pressing it on the skin and then removing the wax through a quick movement. The wax has to be applied in the direction of hair growth and removed in the opposite direction.
7. Waxing results last for about two to eight weeks. This means that most commonly the hair removal process will have to be repeated at every two months.
8. Pain, swelling and redness can be common side effects of waxing.
9. Waxing can easily be completed in the comfort of your home. However, before purchasing a wax you need to make sure that the product contains no harmful ingredients for your skin.
10. Waxing should be avoided on the areas on which you have open wounds.
To avoid redness, ingrown hairs or allergic reactions, proper skin care both before and after waxing will be required. If you know how to care for your skin, waxing can turn out to be an extremely efficient process.